· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
Corsair9
Post subject: The loss of a great man.  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2007 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant General
It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I discovered last night that on December 16th, 2007 the world was bereft of one of it's greatest sources of inspiration and a good man. Singer / Songwriter Dan Fogelberg lost his battle with prostate cancer and died peacefully in his home in Maine with his wife, Jean, at his side.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with Dan Fogelberg's music, but I found him to be one of my favorite artists. Dan's music fell primarily in the easy listening category and included "Leader of the Band" (my personal favorite), "Same Old Lang Syne", "NetherLands", "Run for the Roses", "Longer", "Rythym of the Rain" (another favorite), "Part of the Plan" and many, many more.

Dan Fogelberg's music has been a part of my life for many years and I felt he really understood how I felt at many times in my own life. His loss has touched me deeply and I felt the need to express it in some way, so I decided to share it with you, my extended family.

I believe that Dan is in a much better place and is without pain or suffering and in the presence of God. I will miss him terribly. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Jean and their family in this time of terrible loss.

Thank you, Dan, for all the music and memories you have left behind. We love and miss you. Be at Peace.

Thank you, my Raptor-Pack family, for letting me rant.

"Forgiveness is between you and God, I simply arrange the meeting."

Reply with quote Back to top
Stormbird
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 20, 2007 - 01:49 PM

Major General
Dan Fogelberg was a balladier in the true classical sense, and I too shall mourn his passing. His music is classic, and will outlive us all.
It takes a true genius to produce a melody and song that could be played unaccompanied on a guitar yet catch the attention of the world. Dan Fogelberg was one of those people.
Let us all stand at attention and quietly salute as a true musical genius of our period passes by for the last time.

Stormbird

Those that have never known fear, have never known ME.

CheeseBall
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 20, 2007 - 08:48 PM

Sergeant Major
What a loss, did not know. Just to add, Ike Turner also passed away

a few days ago, of Ike and Tina Turner.

Very sad

Cheese

Cook, or be cooked. Have a nice day. Smile

VooDoo6
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2007 - 04:40 AM

I too am a fan of Dan Fogelberg. My wife saw it the other day on the web. One of my favorites was ILLINOIS. Of course it is my home state. Love his music and will truly miss him. As for Ike Turner, he used to play near my home town many years ago on a regular basis. He was a huge draw with Tina Turner in the E. St. Louis, Illinois area.

Jump to: