Post subject: First Aid Test #3
Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 07:05 AM
|First Aid Test #3
Mail Test answers to:
include your RP-Sgt-Game Name
such as RP-WO3-DianeHaught
your score and results will be mailed to you .
Raptor-Pack members will
be awarded First Aid badges for
your dossier for scores of 80% or better.
1. What are Laxatives used to prevent?
2. Antibiotics are used as a treatment against which type of infection?
3. How do antacids work ?
A. Neutralise stomach acid
B. Treat Constipation
C. Treat Headaches
D. Treat Gallstones
4. Which drug type is used to treat Allergies ?
5. Diabetes mellitis is treated by the use of:
6. What are anti-emetic drugs used to prevent ?
7. Temazepam is used to treat:
A. Muscular tension
B. Kidney infection
8. From which plant is digitalis obtained ?
A. Deadly nightshade
9. Nicotinic acid, a form of niacin is also known as which vitamin?
10. What is the generic name for valium ?
11. Which of the following conditions is very rarely inherited by females ?
C. Cystic Fibrosis
12. Pethadine is a drug mainly used to relieve the pain of:
13. Narcolepsy is a disorder associated with:
B. Drug Dependency
14. Quinine is obtained from the bark of which tree ?
15. Chest pain from all except one of the following may be hard to distinguish?
B. Acid reflux
C. Heart attack
16. Reflux/heartburn may get worse with which foods ?
C. Chocolate, alcohol, spearmint
17. What symptom requires an upper gi series x-ray examination?
A. Rectal bleeding
B. Pain or difficulty swallowing
18. Who performs gastroscopy and provides medical consultation?
19. Hiatus hernia means the stomach is above the....?
20. Which condition requires followup endoscopy at 1-2 year intervals?
A. Hiatus hernia
B. Barrett's esophagus
21. Which condition has a higher risk of cancer ?
A. Duodenal ulcer
B. Hiatus hernia
C. Chronic H. pylori gastritis
22. Smoking increases the risk in which conditions?
A. Ulcer disease
23. Which foods are most likely to cause gas discomfort...?
A. Lean Turkey
B. Cabbage, Onion, Pickle, Bean
24. Cardiovascular risk factors include all except... ?
A. Low HDL,LDL>190
C. Stress Ulcer
25. Which is a risk factor for colon cancer?
A. Family history of colon polyps
B. Family history of lactose intolerance
C. Family history of diverticulosis
26. What symptom requires a sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy examination?
C. Rectal bleeding
27. What symptom requires a colonoscopy examination?
C. Rectal bleeding
28. Who performs colonoscopy with polyp removal and provides medical consultation?
29. What is the interval one can wait to have a followup colonoscopy after polyp removal?
A. 3-5 years
B. 1 year
C. 10 years
30. Which condition requires followup colonoscopy 6-12 months after surgery?
A. Colon Cancer
31. Which condition has a higher risk of colon cancer 7-10 years after diagnosis ?
C. Ulcerative colitis
32. Family history increases the risk in which conditions?
B. Parent with cancer < 60 years old
C. Heart attack
33. Positive stool blood test is always due to ...?
A. Visible blood
34. How can you decrease your risk of getting colon cancer?
A. Follow the cancer society guidelines of screening
B. Ignore symptoms that only happen once
C. Eat a low fiber, high fat diet
It is not the intention of Raptor-Pack to provide specific medical advice but rather to provide users with information to better understand their health and their diagnosed disorders. Specific medical advice will not be provided, and Raptor-Pack urges you to consult with a qualified physician for diagnosis and for answers to your personal questions and specific medical advice
"I'd rather regret something I did, than regret never doing it at all"