· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
Snipem
Post subject: Bill HR45  PostPosted: Apr 24, 2009 - 07:35 AM

Colonel
I got this e-mail sent to me about Bill HR45 and usually blow this stuff off but there is some truth to this bill. I did have to read farther down to see that some of what is in the e-mail is false but I will leave that reading up to you. (Steve2000, I can read it to you if you want, LOL).

They can have MY guns when they pry them from my "DEAD COLD" hands.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

Reply with quote Back to top
CheeseBall
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2009 - 11:28 AM

Sergeant Major
Might as well re write the Constitution of the United States because

there aint a whole lot left of it.

I think people need to sit down and read it again, and if people that

do not understand it, it should be explained and if you don't like it,

well,
GET OUT!!!

Just my opinion,

Cheese Cat Cat

Cook, or be cooked. Have a nice day. Smile

DianeHaught
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 27, 2009 - 08:30 AM

Sergeant
H.R. 45

OPPOSING THE BLAIR HOLT'S FIREARM LICENSING AND RECORD OF SALE ACT- -- HON. DENNY REHBERG (Extensions of Remarks - March 24, 2009)

[Page: E756] GPO's PDF
---

HON. DENNY REHBERG
OF MONTANA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mr. REHBERG. Madam Speaker, a few weeks ago, I stood on the floor of the House of Representatives to express the outrage I'm hearing from Montanans regarding H.R. 45 and similar bills that erode our Second Amendment rights and make eventual confiscation of firearms easier. Even gun-control advocates understand that this bill goes too far. They promise that H.R. 45 will never pass.

Notice, they don't say it shouldn't pass--only that it won't.

Some of my colleagues here in Washington, D.C. Wish it could pass. And that's why it remains so important to stand our ground against The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act and similar measures.

Thomas Jefferson wrote, ``The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.'' While public outcry has made H.R. 45 a politically unattractive proposal for now, make no mistake about it: if we ease back, even for a moment, opponents of the Second Amendment will take advantage.

I recently created a user-group on the popular social networking website Facebook entitled ``Fight to Protect the 2nd Amendment Against H.R. 45 .'' It has been incredible to watch the response as friends have invited friends to join and people posted their opinions on ``The Wall'' for others to read. In a little over two weeks, the group has more than 1,500 members, with more joining every day.

Sadly a bill like H.R. 45 isn't politically unattractive because it's a bad idea. Congress passes bad ideas every day. It's politically unattractive because Americans like those in my Facebook group are taking Thomas Jefferson's advice and remaining vigilant. It's politically unattractive because of the grassroots advocacy that has arisen against it.

To make it clear that advocates of liberty will pay the price of vigilance for our freedom, here is a sampling of some of the comments that were written on the wall in that angry little corner of Facebook.

``The ability to bear arms has much more to do with being able to protect one's self then it does for those hunting. I used a 22 rifle once to keep an invader out of my apartment. I didn't have any ammo but all the guy needed to see was my gun pointing at him when he broke into my front door, he promptly left and I was one less victim of who knows what crime. Don't take that right to defend myself away from me. I don't want to be a statistic!''--Jaclyn Colebank

``As once was written, `If guns kill people then pencils misspell words.' As an avid gun owner and 25 year old female I appreciate the constitution and the rights we have been given. The second amendment assists us in protecting the first. If someone decides to break into my home and deprive me of my life, liberty and/or happiness, I am going to protect those rights using a firearm if necessary.''--Amanda Barta

``I use to never want to have a gun in my home. They always scared me. My husband is a trucker and over a year I am pretty much alone with just my son in the home. I am disabled so I can't really get away from someone if they were to break in. A couple of guys threatened my son and myself. Immediately I told my husband that soon as he came home we were going to get me a gun and he was going to teach me to shoot. I need to know how to protect my family and myself. I also realize that an unarmed society is nothing but slaves to the government. The Founding Fathers knew that the people needed a way to protect themselves from a government gone wild which is why they made sure we have the 2nd amendment. I am now a member of the NRA and I will not be disarmed. Statistics prove that areas that have gun bans have a much higher crime rate. I am a rape survivor and had I carried a gun then maybe I would not have been a victim. Never again.''--Anita Calbert

``If I'm a violent criminal all set to ply my trade, I'd rather operate in an unarmed helpless community than your basic Montana town. What is it about an armed populace that is so frightening?''--Randy Nankivel

``The second amendment states, ``A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'' While H.R 45 does not outright ban guns, it would impair the purchase and ownership of arms to the point to where it would have the same effect as a ban, and as such H.R. 45 should be considered unconstitutional. Opponents will claim as long as there is the opportunity to buy a gun, however small, the second amendment would not be violated. This is an abuse of the definition and meaning of the second amendment, unfairly restricting the scope of amendment and marginalizing it until rendered ineffective.''--Eric Fulton

``Being a gun owner is not only a privilege but my right. Anyone who wants to take our gun rights has forgotten how the birth of our great country came about. I enjoy target shooting as well as hunting. It is something my husband and I do to spend time together. If we let Congress pass any bill allowing them to take our guns, it would be detrimental to the well being of every American. The criminals will have them anyway and the hard working citizens will have no way to protect themselves, not to mention being able to hunt. Hunting is a way of life for a lot of families, especially families who cannot afford to buy beef etc. I see absolutely nothing positive being gained by taking our gun rights.''--Tara Preshinger

[Page: E757] GPO's PDF

``Guns have been a part of my life and my family's life since we have lived in the US. It has been a useful tool in feeding my family since we have been here. I am a soldier, hunter, brother, son and many other things and I refuse to let this right be taken from me when all that will happen is it will take firearms from people who use them as tools and a way of life and those who use them for bad will get them one way or another. If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns and we will have nothing to protect ourselves with. That's way I say this right is important to me. I am here to protect my family, friends, and the US from all enemies and I feel sorry for the poor sap that tries to take this right away from me.''--Clint Dean

``As a U.S. Soldier and a Montanan guns have always been a part of my life. I will never give up the right to keep and bear arms. I say if anyone wants to take my guns. . .. . .. . ...You can try but you might want to wait till I'm reloading!!!!!''--Matt Calnan

``There are so many reasons to oppose gun control, it's hard to pick a favorite. I would say that the main reason is that it simply doesn't work. Look at places like Great Britain and Mexico--have they become violence-free Utopias, or do their defenseless citizens now suffer exploded rates of violent crimes committed with total impunity since having been disarmed? If civil disarmament worked well, then Great Britain wouldn't need 40 cameras on every street corner; and they wouldn't try to do it either for fear of armed revolt. What do our leaders hope to accomplish with gun control? Also, how many of them are willing to give up their own guns, or the guns of their bodyguards? Finally, if they take our weapons, will they legislate to overturn Castle Rock v. Gonzales? If not, then WHO will protect us?''--Ian Sean Montgomery

``Whether you are for or against gun control you can still recognize that H.R. 45 is simply unconstitutional''--Joe Chollak

``A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.''--Sigmund Freud

``I live in Montana and I enjoy [spending] my time in the outdoors. I grew up learning the responsibilities of firearm ownership from my father and my grandfather. I use those same responsibilities in my everyday life. I spend my fall hunting and the meat that I harvest rarely remains in my freezer because I like to donate it to local charities like the rescue missions and the food banks in my hometown. If this regulation becomes readily available and can later be used as but step in the ladder to complete firearm [eradication]. If this bill is put into I know that many families who rely on groups like the food bank for meat will go without because this form of charity will become a distant memory.''--Ryan Belke

``Once freedom is given up, or even compromised, it can never be taken back. Compromise, even in the deceitful form of regulations, is not an infringement on the ownership of guns, but an infringement on what it means to be an American and the rights granted, declared, and (supposedly) defended by the government whom the people support. These are our rights as Americans. Take them away, and you take America away. You take away life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness ..... because that is what Americans are promised. Take away the promise, and you leave us with nothing.''--Justin Countryman

``If the right to bear arms is taken away, what will be next? One by one other freedom will be stripped away. The right to bear arms gives citizens the right and ability to defend themselves against criminals, and even if necessary our own government. In these uncertain times this is definitely a right we don't want taken away. I've heard a quote and don't know the exact source that `if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.' ''--Niki Griffis

``HR 45 makes the jobs of criminals easier and threatens the safety of all law abiding citizens, with it you can also say goodbye to your 2nd and 4th amendment rights! It also hurts a family tradition of target shooting and hunting that so many people share.''--Brant Manley

``Honest citizens use the right to bear arms as a source of recreation through hunting, trap shooting, etc. as well as a for an essential source of protection in dangerous situations. We follow the firearm regulations that are already in place. Criminals, however, do not. The only people who will be affected by further restrictions against our right to bear arms will be law-abiding citizens. HR 45 will have no affect on criminals. Instead, the only people left with firearms will be the ones who should not possess them in the first place.''--Christine Hodges

``I have seen it argued that HR 45 is simply a bill proposing gun registration. That contention is absolutely false. HR 45 is nothing less than a backdoor attempt to circumvent the 2nd Amendment, by harassing law-abiding citizens into giving up their firearms. Criminals don't register guns anyway. It's quite obvious who this bill is directed toward ..... and it isn't criminals. HR 45 addresses only law-abiding citizens; yet, treats them no better than convicted sex offenders or other felons just because they own a firearm. When the government starts using heavy-handed tactics to suppress the freedoms of law-abiding citizens, then those citizens need to stand firm in defense of their rights, and preserve the integrity of the US Constitution.''--Debra Sullivan

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?r111:1:./temp/~r111QXfbxA::

"I'd rather regret something I did, than regret never doing it at all"

Jump to: