· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
Raptor
Post subject: Team Speak 3  PostPosted: Dec 21, 2009 - 10:37 AM

I know uall use Team Speak, and I just happen to run into this. So I thought i would post this for ya's just in case if uall are interestted in it.

Features
During the last months, the TeamSpeak development team has revealed several new features of their upcoming product.

Voice Quality and Latency

TeamSpeak's most important feature - the talking part - is already implemented. TeamSpeak 3 is using a much higher audio codec resulting in much clearer voice quality. In addition, the developers have already significantly lowered the latency of speech compared with TeamSpeak 2 and other voice communication software solutions. TeamSpeak 3 will support the latest Speex and CELT codecs and provides automatic microphone adjustment, advanced noise reduction, and echo cancelation.

3D Sound

TeamSpeak 3 now features fully integrated 3D sound support which allows for spatial placement of sound effects and audio streams. This creates the illusion of a sound source being placed anywhere in three dimensional space, including behind, to the left of, to the right of, above, or below the listener.

Improved Security and Privacy
TeamSpeak 3 introduces a new authentication system. Instead of using a combination of username and password, the TeamSpeak 3 Client creates unique identities which are stored and tracked by every TeamSpeak 3 Server you're connecting to. For administrators, this eliminates the need to manually register a username and password with the server and allows administrators to assign a set of permissions to your identity which can be automatically recalled by the server every time you connect. The end result is strengthened security and improved administration with eliminated username and password issues, effectively making the prodcess of administering users far less tedious than ever before.

Permission System

TeamSpeak 3 will introduce a new permission system which will be similar to what is present in TeamSpeak 2, but will contain far greater flexibility. Instead of using pre-defined user groups, TeamSpeak 3 provides your organization with an additional level of information access and control by allowing you to create custom user groups.

Talk Power

You should all know how a moderated channel works with TeamSpeak 2. With TS3, the devs took this concept to the next level. You can now configure a Minimum Talk Power variable for each channel. Every client has his own Talk Power, which he has received through the permission groups the user is assigned to. A client with a Talk Power of 20 can speak in every channel with a Minimum Talk Power of 20 or lower. Effectively this means that with a TS3 group setup similar to the hard-coded TS2 groups, you can now create a channel where everybody can talk, one where only members and higher can talk, one where only server admins can talk, etc.

Sub-Channels

TeamSpeak 3 will introduce a new channel tree structure which supports an infinite number of levels in depth. Sub-Channels will no longer automatically inherit the flags of their parent Channel so every Channel can have it's own password and persmission settings.

Tabbed Voice-Comming

The TeamSpeak 3 client will allow you to connect to multiple TeamSpeak 3 servers at once, similar to tabbed-browsing. This was one of the many highly requested features for TeamSpeak 3.

Bookmarks

The deveopers have decided to allow the user to store his preferred servers as bookmarks, just like you all know from your favorite web browser. This means that the TeamSpek 3 client will provide a new bookmarks manager which will probably allow the user to manage his favorites more efficient.

One nice graphical feature in TS3 is the ability to configure an avatar which will be displayed when people click on your name. This is similar to what is possible in our forums, and adds some personality to the people you talk with.

Key Bindings

The TeamSpeak 3 client will allow the user to set his own key bindings. According to the official developer blog, the new inteface will support nearly all kinds of input devices, such as joysticks and gamepads. The developers also plan to support things like push-to-mute which requires support to bind actions to button-down and button-up events.

Text Messaging

The text messaging system of TeamSpeak 3 will be an entirely different, and much improved experience compared to TeamSpeak 2. All your messages may contain plain text but you are also able to use BB code tags to emphasize certain words or phrases by making them (for example) bold or italic.

URL Catcher

The TeamSpeak 3 client will provide an URL catcher which is used to store URLs mentioned during a chat. A similar feature is known from mIRC - a shareware IRC client for Windows.

Per Server Capture and Playback Devices

The developers have recently allocated time for is implementing per server capture and playback devices. This new feature allows you to do some really cool things like hook up two USB headsets to your computer, connect to two different TeamSpeak 3 servers using the client's new tabbed voice-comming feature (see above), hand one headset to a friend and be able to talk as if you were running two entirely separate clients.

Sound Packs

TeamSpeak 3 will introduce sound packs. The idea here is to allow all the sounds that are played when some action occurs to be packaged, and distributed easily. When TeamSpeak 3 is released, anyone will be able to create his own soundpack and share it with other users easily.

Translations

TeamSpeak 3 will will give users the ability to translate the software into their own language. Both server and client will be UTF-8 native so all languages can be supported.

Friends and Foes
Track your friends (and foes) through TeamSpeak 3's all new Friends/Foes list. When a friend or foe is added, the TeamSpeak 3 Client remembers your friend or foe's unique identity regardless of whether they change their display/nickname, and regardless of what server you're connected to. TeamSpeak 3 allows you to assign a custom nickname to your friends and can play a custom sound event when your friends come online. TeamSpeak 3 also tracks your friends/foes "last seen" date and allows you to permanently mute/ignore your foes.

Firewall Friendly File Transfer
Maximize your online collaborative experience with TeamSpeak 3's all new file transfer features. Depending on your permissions, users can recursively upload or download files on a per-channel basis or into a common folder tree. All files are stored directly on the TeamSpeak 3 Server. Users no longer need to worry about how to setup FTP or mess with complicated firewall issues or other file sharing solutions. TeamSpeak 3 makes file sharing a breeze.

Unprecedented Extensibility
TeamSpeak 3's all new plugin system allows developers to add functionality to their software or hardware. For example, upon release the TeamSpeak 3 Client will include a plugin for the for the Logitech® G15 keyboard LCD, which allows you to see in realtime who is speaking, what channel you're in, how many users are logged into your server, and more. TeamSpeak 3's plugin system features the powerful Lua scripting language which is also supported by many popular gaming titles.

ServerQuery

The developers are building up a new, powerful ServerQuery (formerly known as TCP Query) component to TeamSpeak 3. The ServerQuery interface can be switched into an interactive mode which gives you the ability to use the up/down cursor keys for cycling between the last given commands. You can also use the backspace key to edit the current command-line even if you're using Microsoft's Telnet client.

Web Administration Interface

The web administration interface will not be part of the server. Instead it will consist of a PHP-based web application, which can handle multiple virtual servers and server instances at once. The main application of this new interface will be for server farming or maintenance of servers by host providers, since normal end-users will be able to do all configuration and administration of the server from within the new TeamSpeak 3 client.

Database Plugin System
The TeamSpeak 3 server will now support a database plugin system so for example developers can now write their own plugin for a completely proprietary database if they so desire.

Reply with quote Back to top
Haylo1
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2009 - 11:35 AM

Thanks Raptor for the TS update, no doubt we will get it checked and released to members when it becomes available. ty.

Raptor
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2009 - 12:37 PM

Here is the link for the info.

http://www.planetteamspeak.com/content/view/79/93/

Here is the download link.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2009 - 03:48 PM

General
We have the option to transfer our TS server over to TS3 ....... I will probably request this in a couple of weeks time ...... to allow our server host to settle down .... and see what other users actually think of it.

I will post further info when the decision has been made .....

In the meantime ...... you can download and install it ........... I dont think it is backward compatible with TS2 ....

Haylo1
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 22, 2009 - 06:31 AM

"Backwards Compatible"? So if we do download it, will it still work with those who don't have it?

Swoop
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 22, 2009 - 08:38 AM

Hey guys , i have TS3 and it works great , better sound quality etc , TS3 is a programe on its own , so you can have TS2 and TS3 indipendantly of each other , in other words , you can have both running at the same time as they have diffrent desktop short cuts . you can NOT talk to some one on TS2 who has TS3 and vica versa. download and install the TS3 client programe and just login to the DEFALT Channel , there they are testing out things and you can get to "FEEL " how it works , sounds etc . i RECOMEND TS3 .

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 22, 2009 - 03:22 PM

General
Thanks Swoop ... that clears a few things up.

Den@War
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 23, 2009 - 03:46 PM

sorry swoop (as opposed to what cally said) is TS3 the better or are we just as well sticking with what we have....the tried and tested. I have no queries questions or qualms with what we are using now.......so in the words of the song.......should I stay or should I go?

Swoop
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 23, 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hey Den , the decission is up to you guy's , but my personal preferance is to go with TS3 , if any of you have ever used VENTRILO then you know that the sound codex is much clearer than TS2 , all i can sugest is down load it , try it out and make your minds up , as you proberly know it is still in beta testing stage , from my experiance so far with TS3 is that i have had no major/minor problems , they have worked on this for a verry long time and it shows , if you take time and get it right 1st time, your on a winer. i think this will eventuly replace TS2 . You can allways keep your TS2 up and use it as a back up if any thing goes wrong, cally , you might ask them if you can have a month or two free trial before you switch over , if thats what you want . any way's , HAVE A HAPPY and SAFE CHRISTMAS . Very Happy

SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2009 - 07:56 AM

H'lo, All! Long time, and Good Tidings from SFV!

Hey, it sounds good to me, especially the "3D sound" feature. I've long wished for that to be in the game experience, as "stereo sound" works real well, "3D sound" has gotta be even better, eh? I'll need a better pair of Headphones.

And the "multiple channel" hookups, the "bookmark" and priority level for "admin" Channels, all good IMO, I'm gonna get it, fer sure . . .

And, you'll be hearing from me, when I play in RP's SO Server, too.

Lookin' forward to it.

SLAG

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 30, 2009 - 08:03 AM

General
Just downloaded and installed the client ..... first impression ..... you need a degree to understand it ...... lol

SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2010 - 04:30 PM

OK, got my new "Spatial" sound, Dynamic, Dolby 5.1 Digital Headset/boom mike.

Got TS3 in and up, no problems, I like it.

My question is, Do You at RP use TS3 yet?

And where does it show the numbers for it, OR the numbers for TS2, cause I still got THAT, too.

Oh, and the headphones sound GREAT! I heard a chopper fly OVER me, and could tell it was above me, yeah! LoL, when I logged into the map, I heard thunder, and thought it was here, at my house, lol. VERY REALISTIC!

You'll wanna put your fingers in your ears when you blow satchels, heh, heh.

SLAG

Jump to: