· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
Cally
Post subject: DFX2 Available NOW  PostPosted: May 27, 2009 - 12:09 PM

General
Taken from the Novaworld2.com forum:

TIME TO LOCK ‘N LOAD!

INTENSE SEQUEL DELTA FORCE®: Xtreme 2

NOW AVAILABLE FROM NOVALOGIC!

AGOURA HILLS,Calif. – May 26, 2009 – The world’s most deadly fighting force is back in all-new multiplayer combat, as action game developer and publisher NovaLogic announced today the release of Delta Force®: Xtreme 2 (DFX2)game for the PC. The sequel to the bestselling Delta Force: Xtreme is supported by the NovaWorld Community, a multiplayer network that provides smoother,faster and seamless gameplay for up to 150* players per game. With 10single-player missions and nine co-op missions within two campaigns, playersimmerse themselves into the Delta Force experience by battling enemies in Asia. Now available for download from www.novalogic.com, Valve, Direct2Drive and RealNetworks and at retail locations nationwide, DFX2 carries the recession busting price of just $29.99 (MSRP).

“We listened to the fans of the original Delta Force: Xtreme and created an amazing multiplayer world filled with the features they asked formost; intense gameplay, game balancing and an all-around FUN experience,”commented Michael Domaguing, NovaLogic’s director of marketing. “Teamwork is key to being successful in DFX2 and we give you all the tools to make this a great party game, no matter where you are in the world, fromMilwaukee to the Middle East.”

DFX2 offers intense military gameplay in stunning 1080p “Full HD” and Dolby 7.1 Surround sound, and with game servers placed strategically around the world, the NovaWorld Community provides the gameplay that fans demand. Featuring 20content-rich multiplayer maps, DFX2 supports five of the most popular game types: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Team King of the Hill, Capture the Flag,and Flagball. Each detailed map will have something for everyone, from large, vehicle heavy battlefields to small,intense engagement zones. In addition to the feature-loaded multiplayer experience, gamers of all skill levels can mix it up in two heart-pounding single-player or co-operative campaigns where players assume the role of a Delta Force operator sent to Asia to bring a drug cartel and former Soviet mercenaries to justice.

The NovaWorld Community allows every element of the gameplay, from the enhanced ballistics to the innovative in-vehicle spawn system, to be carefully coordinated to support a fully balanced experience where teamwork is deadlier than individual firepower, and in DFX2, intelligence and creativity are rewarded as much as fast-twitch reflexes. The game also ships with a powerful MED level editor, which will allow gamers full utilization of game assets to create their own levels, including additional multiplayer game types.

About NovaLogic

Founded in 1985, NovaLogic Inc. is a developer and global publisher of games for the PC and leading game consoles. Key game franchises include Delta Force®, Delta Force® - Black Hawk Down®,Joint Operations®, Comanche® and F-22 Lightning®.For more information go to http://www.novalogic.com/

# # #

*Not all features may be available at time of purchase. Some features may only be available to NovaWorld Gold premium members. Internet connection required.

Dolby is a trademark of Dolby Laboratories

Reply with quote Back to top
Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2009 - 02:14 PM

General
It can be downloaded from here for $29.95

http://www.direct2drive.com/8024/product/Buy-Delta-Force:-Xtreme-2-Download

Only 946 Mb ... lol ..... and comes with Download Protection.

What is D2D Download Protection?

Being gamers ourselves, D2D knows that there are always those unexpected occurrences—like your hard drive frying or a virus infection—that threaten your precious digital content. D2D's Download Protection helps put those worries to rest! D2D allows you to re-download your digital game purchases at no cost. So every time you download from D2D you'll get a great game and peace of mind.

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2009 - 03:23 PM

General
You can also get it from the Novaworld store ... which will give you 30 days of gold meembership .... which is needed to play on some servers.

You will need to log into your novaworld2 account and then select my account ..... Novaworld store (which is at the bottom)

Pwb
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2009 - 08:40 PM

2nd Lieutenant
So let me get this straight. $30 US for a game that you now have to buy a gold membership at Novaworld to be able to play it online?
I think not.
Has anyone that is NOT a gold member been able to play it online? If so, how many servers are up, and how many players?

Remeber: 50% of all people are below average!

ChevyRider
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 01:20 AM

Sergeant
So, if a understand it good, you can't copy it on DVD for personal use?
If not, i'll wait till i can buy it in the stores. (hard copy boxed).
Most e-commerce shops have less longevity than a good game.

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 03:35 AM

General
Pwb : It is only a couple of Nova Servers that are Gold Member only ...... when squads start their own paid dedicated servers .... then these will be as normal.

Chevy : I believe you can copy to a DVD ...... or download it as many times as you want .... Nova wont be going anywhere ..... as .... Electronic copies dont suffer from scratches.

Dog ..... I know.

Everyone : I am still in 2 minds whether to get it now or wait a while ....

Steve2000
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 08:58 AM

Staff Sergeant
Cally we all know about you being a split personailty but are you going to get the game? Very Happy

To Thine Ownself Be True

Mr.Death
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 03:06 PM

Sergeant
I for one will be getting this game. Just not sure if I'll put it on the desk top or the lap top ? I don't think I can download to both on one buy ...

You're at death's door

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2009 - 03:54 PM

General
You can download and install it on as many computers as you want too ....

Just download it ..... copy via your network to the other computer ...... or burn it to a DVD ...... It is only a .exe file.

You probably can even download it twice in a row ...... who's to say the first one was't corrupt.

D2D gives you unlimited downloads .... for ever.

The Security is in the ...... Key code .... required for Online Play.

Mr.Death
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2009 - 07:12 AM

Sergeant
OK Cally I'll give it a shot. Has anyone bought this game yet ?? Will RP run a server ( guess that depends how many RP buy it )?

You're at death's door

Mr.Death
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2009 - 08:09 PM

Sergeant
OK I have the game ... have yet to play it .Anyone that gets it please let me know so we can get together and try it out.

You're at death's door

CheeseBall
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 30, 2009 - 09:26 AM

Sergeant Major
I checked with Best Buy and they said they will have on June 2nd.

For all that want hard copies and all that. I know you can download and

transfer to disc, just another step need not taken.

$29.95 U.S.

Bottle Of Beer Bottle Of Beer Bottle Of Beer Bottle Of Beer Bottle Of Beer Bottle Of Beer

Cook, or be cooked. Have a nice day. Smile

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2009 - 02:59 AM

General
I have it installed ......

It took me 3 attempts at downloading it ..... the first 2 where corrupt (2 hours each) .... I then used the Free Download Manager (in our downloads) ..... and it successfully downloaded in about 20 mins.

Played a couple of single Missions ....... and will be ready for some TDM soon .... Just need to get used to the limited supply of weapons .... lol

TheRev
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2009 - 05:32 AM

Has anybody played this yet? How is it? Any feedback yet?

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2009 - 08:38 AM

General
Basically it is DFX ....... with more weapon choice and some extra funtionality ......... but using the JO Engine ..... so it is a lot smoother.

It has changed some of the functionality ... like parachute deployment ..... this used to be automatic ..... but now you have to deploy it manually ....

When in a vehicle .... there is a list of who is manning which position .... and what that position is ..... i.e ...... (50 cal - Cally) .....

Bored Now ......... Someone will no doudt write a review soon.

Jump to: