· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
Corsair9
21 Post subject: Attention ALL who play on RP Servers!!  PostPosted: May 24, 2006 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant General
Rules for determining Map Commander:

1. Map commander is ALWAYS Map host, if present. Map host may relinquish map command of any given map by stating so and designating new map commander.

2. In hosts absence, the first person in the map has command of THAT map. This means a map that is already loaded with no players in it. Again, map commander may relinquish command and designate new commander to all present.

3. In hosts absence, at the start of new map the highest ranking RP member is map commander. This means when maps cycle, out of those present when new map loads, RP member with highest rank takes command. If there are 2 or more with same rank, the most senior takes command. (longest in rank) Again, map commander may relinquish command and designate new commander to all present.

4. In the event of a higher ranking RP player joining during the map (after map begins) that player will not take command until next map unless asked to do so by current map commander. He will never request current map commander relinquish command. He may take command only if there is no acting map commander.

5. RP player joining map will hold at start point and wait for orders from map commander before proceeding. This means both new maps and maps that have already begun. If you join a map in progress, hold at infil for orders.

6. Non-RP players will follow the same rules for map commander and will only have command of a map if designated by one of the above mentioned map commanders. Map commanders will ALWAYS be announced to joining players. If you haven't seen anyone do it, then do it yourself.

7. It is the responsibility of everyone joining a map to find out who the map commander is. When you join a map in progress, ask who is in command if you are not told immediately.

8. If anyone does not want to follow these rules, they will exit the map. Either by choice or with assistance.

9. These rules apply to all games, without exception. Team games (TKOTH, TDM, CTF, etc.) will have 2 commanders or one for each team. All players will follow map commanders instructions or face disciplinary action.

"Forgiveness is between you and God, I simply arrange the meeting."

Reply with quote Back to top
Corsair9
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2006 - 01:01 AM

Lieutenant General
A more detailed post of the Map Commanders responsibilities and the players responsibilities will follow shortly.

Although it, regretably, has not lately been the common practice, it has always been policy, and will, from now on, be practiced by all. Public servers are where this type of behavior does the most good. When you have a good Map Commander, others tend to follow, especially if getting punted from the server is the result of not following orders.

It is much easier to "Co-Op"erate if you have someone coordinating the efforts of everyone in the map. I think you will find it greatly enhances the enjoyability of the game when you are not concentrating on points as much as on accomplishing the goals as efficiently as possible. You will also notice that the scores will tend to be more even among the players in the map. Without this type of teamwork, a limited lives game is almost impossible to win.

"Forgiveness is between you and God, I simply arrange the meeting."

HellRaiser
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2006 - 03:48 AM

So does this mean that we shall punt everyone in the servers thatīs not follow orders in a public server??
HellRaiser

LongShot
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2006 - 04:03 AM

Colonel
Only if they are RPers? You can't really punt someone on a public server who isn't following instructions.

You'll never see it coming

Dog43
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2006 - 08:07 AM

Lieutenant Colonel
If you have to,Reread the Squad Rules and Server Rules.This will help you a lot.

I fight for my Country But I kill for Survival,I live to be free

Jump to: