· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
SLAG
Post subject: Farewell, kinda . . .  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2010 - 03:36 PM

SLAG Unit, Reporting:

OK, got BF2 last year for Christmas, and just now installed it, and got the latest mod for it (AIX Mod) . . . and it rocks, people!

Way more graphics intensive than DF:X, and way more action. For a fact, it is all action action action! If it's a 32 slot Server, and there are only 20 ppl in it, the computer will fill in the other 12 slots with AI, and they're not the dumb bots you get in DF:X either! These "buggers" (that's what Luke and the other SGM Clan call 'em, lol) will hunt you down, if you go off and try to hide, lol.

I must admit, the controls are a bit more complicated than DF:X, but, it is worth it, IMHO! If you've never tried BF2/AIX Mod . . . "google" it and watch the videos! It is all about TEAMWORK! I'm currently a groundpounder, but a couple of us are FlyBoys, and a couple more3 are snipers, and we make a good team, lol. It is a BLAST, and the graphics, did I mention, are AWESOME!

OK, just a little heads up, as to why I ain't been in your COOP Server lately . . .

Sure miss fightin' with Ya'll, but I am now fighting with some of my SGM Mates in the BF2:AIX Coop Servers now . . . you would not believe the graphics . . . and it is why I built a new PC a few months ago, to take advantage of the newer games, and to enjoy the high quality graphics they provide.

We been tryin' diferent Servers, and are to get our own, today, or tomorrow, exclusively for the SGM Clan, and anyone we invite to come fight with us. If you have an RP Tag, consider yourselves invited, tell 'em SLAG sentya . . .

OK, back to the battle, and it IS a battle, in the BattleField2:AIX Mod Servers.

It is all action, kinda fervent, and noisy, and, like I said before nowhere to hide, so you hafta get in the fight, Soldier! Heh, heh! I love it, and DF:X seems really lame, after trying this new game . . .

Come and look me up, I'd be Honored to have ya join me, fer sure!

SALUTE!

SGM SLAG

Reply with quote Back to top
SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 26, 2010 - 08:54 AM

Slag Unit, with an Update:

We at the SGM Squad now have a Server for the BF2/aiX Mod up and running!

Anyone what wantsta try this Mod out, is invited, by ME, to come and look us up.

It is called "SG Mercs" and it is a COOP Server for BF2 with the AIX Mod. If you have BF2 stock, this mod is the thing to have for it. All the info is at the BF2 Forums, under a Sub Forum called AIX Mod. Got some previews, and a Movie some guys, and a girl made, that is reallly neat! Also, shows work in progress, as in new skins for planes, choppers and vehicles, that you can d'load to your PC. for custom colors and awesome camo schemes, too.

Definitely worth a look, if you're like me, and kinda tired of the same old, same old, from NovaLogic . . . sigh, never thought I'd ever, EVER quit playin the SO Mod for DF:X! But, I have, and now am a "Hog Driver" (A-10) and deliver really nice presents to the enemy (500lb Bombs, lol) when my squadmates log the location to my HUD ingame, AWESOME! I still pound the ground, but not if there is an airfield in the map, heh, heh. Come see!

OK, just thought I'd update ever'body, and say Merry Christmas, and miss fightin' with ya'll, fer sure! Well, I am off til Tuesday, so back to the war, and it IS a war, as the AI Bots are smart, and sneaky, and quite good, almost human. Sometimes, the way the fight, I think they ARE human!

Oh, also, there are 2 types of maps we play, COOP, and Conquest. COOP has AI Bots as the enemy, and Conquest has Humans on each team, but not always, lol.

SALUTE!

SLAG Unit, Over and Out!

CheeseBall
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 26, 2010 - 11:25 AM

Sergeant Major
Merry Christmas to you also.

BF2, will have to give it a whirl, sounds cool.

Bottle Of Beer Bottle Of Beer

Cook, or be cooked. Have a nice day. Smile

SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 26, 2010 - 05:57 PM

It is, completely awesome.

You can form a squad, and see your buddies on the map, you can be a sniper, or a medic, engineer, assault trooper, or support . . . you can even play as "Commander" and call in air strikes, and artillery, and even airdrop vehicles, and supplies to the troops, too. I can upload a target to your plane's system, from anywhere on the map, and you can drop in on 'em, lol.

I like to "Ground Pound" but if there is an airfield, I'm gonna steal a plane, you know me, waypoint jumper that I am. Except these Waypoints, well they are Flags to take over, thay are all over the map, and you hafta take 'em, but in no particular order, heh, heh.

The game is BF2, the Mod is AIX, google BF2 AIX Mod, and look at some of the videos for it . . . it'll sell itself, man!

OK, back into the melee, and it is, action, from all sides, sometimes, heh, heh.

A freakin' MADHOUSE, lol, I LOVE IT!

SGM SLAG

CheeseBall
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 27, 2010 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant Major
I found a copy of bf2 at Best Buy for $9.99 u.s.

Going to grab it today and see how it goes.

SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 27, 2010 - 05:09 PM

KEWL!

When you install, do NOT install any of the "booster packs" ok?

Just the stock game, THEN get the AI-X Mod. It's available at the sg-mod website, or the AIX Mod Server, as well . . . there is a patch or two needed.

Check it out, and down load what you need for it, it's all FREE!

Good luck, take care, and I'll be keepin an eye out ferya!

OK, back to the battle . . . finished a map today with a 44 to 1 k/d. Best Yet! I actually took first place that round, and I NEVER get 1st, lol.
Was a sniper in that map, but I rarely go in as a Sniper though . . . but still tryin' out different load out kits, heh, heh. Option City, so much to do and try, . . . "there is much yet to learn, GrassHopper" . . .

Oh, the Harrier will out steer the Hog, flew the Harrier today, awesome! Only thing though, it doesn't carry as much HURT as the A-10 WartHog Does! And, it will not absorb as much punishment before you go BOOOM! The Hog'll soak up some bullets, and keep on flyin!

SGM SLAG

CheeseBall
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 27, 2010 - 07:43 PM

Sergeant Major
rgr dat

Luke_Nadewalker
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 27, 2010 - 09:51 PM

hey slag, the info isnt on the sg-mod site, its on our squad forums which are not viewable by general public.. so heres the info for you guys

Install instructions
1> get game
2> Install BASIC bf2 (no fancy extras/gamespy/voip etc)
3> Update with patches
if you havnt got V1.41:
http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2/1.41/BF2_Patch_1.41.exe < 1.41 patch 536mb

update from V1.41 to V1.5:
http://www.gamerslifeline.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=39 < 1.5 patch 1.92GB ..
after this patch the cd is no longer needed.

ONLY USE THIS PATCH IF YOU NEED IT(manually place the file contained in the zip, into your game folder)
http://www.gamerslifeline.com/battlefield-2-v1-50-alt-tab-fix-976-49kb/ < 1.5 patch fix 976kb

4> download and install the AIX core files and AIX core maps, in that order from:

aix mod
http://aixtended.com/clientfiles.html

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE A GENUINE KEY AND ARE HAVING PROBLEMS JOINING SERVERS DUE TO A "INVALID CDKEY"

hold windows key and press R

type REGEDIT

click the + key to expand the following
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
ELECTRONIC ARTS
EA GAMES
BATTLEFIELD 2
then click on ERGC

on the right you will see default. Right click it and select modify

now type X9392 followed by your CDKEY (without the - seperator)

it will look something like this
x93927XXXE4LV2PPR649RXVTL

click OK and now you can play online

SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 05:31 AM

Thanks Chief!

Luke has got it all right there, yup, what he said, heh, heh.

SLAG Unit, Over and Out!

SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2010 - 11:00 AM

Okayy . . .

Got the "Battle Commander" Screen down, heh, heh, it's too easy!

I called in artillery, and made supply drops (ammo & meds) to the troops on the field. I like it! I defended the Carrier, too . . . wasn't easy, but it WAS fun, yup!

You at RP otta look into this game . . . I see an "RP vs SGM" match in the future? C'mon, heh, heh. All in good fun, of course!

OK, we got 4 or 5 SGM into this, and more to come, too.

I'll be keepin' an eye out ferya all!

SGM SLAG, over and out!

Wild-Bill
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2011 - 11:31 PM

Master Sergeant
Hi SLAG,

will try too, "old smokin all the stuff" unit...

cu on BF2/AIX

I got every day new friends...ummm whats your name?

SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2011 - 07:08 PM

Kewl, I'll keep an eye out ferya, my friend!

Hey, today, I played as sniper, AND Battle Commander, heh, heh, got 96 kills and ONLY 2 deaths . . . pretty good, for me, in this new game, lol . . .

It ain't easy, the controls are kinda hard to master, BUT IT IS FUN!!!!

Action, on all sides, kinda like the Army of Some SO Server, lol, but way better! You got airfields to take, and all kindsa different Vehicles and stuff, too . . .

I can fly the planes, but the choppers are kinda hard to get the feel of, but I'm tryin' yup! I like the graphics, man, at times, it's so good, it feels real!

Last night, a Human, came in, and tried to counter sniper sniper me . . . she got me once, but then, I wore her out, lol, her name was "phoni phone bitch" (?) Yup, it was named a girl's name, but I killed without discretion.

She is an OK sniper, but not when I know she's comin' lol . . . Kill 'em ALL!

SGM SLAG

CheeseBall
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2011 - 05:10 PM

Sergeant Major
It is like 2142, cool, still learning, got a couple puckbuster thingies, butt
finale got through a conquest map begging to end.

So it may be o.k.

Got it at best buy 9.99 u.s. one by me had 5 copies.

I am RP-Cheeseball

I am also not sure of the version I have, how do I find this out??

Thaks in advance

SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2011 - 06:57 PM

umm not sure, but good question, tho.

I would try the BattleField2 Forums, they have an AI-X Page, that has daily visitors, and available advice, too. They have several pages of install help . . .

I am registered there, and found the Movie: Desert Heat made with BF2 AI-X Mod, pretty cool, too . . . good luck, and, I'm still learnin' myself, heh, heh.

I'll keep an eye out ferya, our Server is SG Mercs, look for it . . . where I play!

SGM SLAG

SpaceCowboy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2011 - 03:17 AM

Sergeant
is it for battlefield 2 or battlefield bad compagnie 2.
i got battlefield 2
space

there will be a day with no more pain no more tears no more fear

Jump to: