· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
TheRev
Post subject: Tech Help, Pleeeeze!  PostPosted: Feb 22, 2010 - 09:18 AM

Hey Everyone,

I am still alive and well. Sorry for the lack of comms in the last couple of years. I've been busy going to school full time and working full time. Anyway, that is still not over and won't be for the next couple of years at least.

However, I still want to get into the games and play but I tried signing into some servers and none of them let me in. I need some tech help but not on this forum. I need to probably have someone call me and lead me through some diagnostics because I don't think it's as simple as updating versions of the games. It seems as though there is some other general Nova update I'm missing.

Anyway, anyone here in the States that might be able to help, please leave me your phone number in a PM. Or, if you feel uncomfortable giving a phone number maybe we could work out a time and day to meet on TS. I haven't been able to play the games for about a year now.

Thanks and God Bless!

Reply with quote Back to top
Fox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2010 - 12:59 PM

Brigadier General
there was a nova update since back then, i would think however updating thru the game would solve it

Fox

Integrity is everything..to thine ownself be true

CheeseBall
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2010 - 06:20 PM

Sergeant Major
Glad to see you back brother, you have been missed. Good luck on
schooling it is a pain butt worth it.

Vista or what op system?

Cheers Cheers Cheers Down A Pint Cheese

Cook, or be cooked. Have a nice day. Smile

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 - 03:40 AM

General
One of the problems with the JO Games at the mo ..... is that some servers have not (and dont want too) update to the newest version .... this is the game and not the Mod.

You need to have the same game.exe version and the same Mod to get onto any server (and stay there) ..... If you can get to the server list ....... I would say the problem is the version.

At the moment most play the AW2 Mod ..... which is a massive download .... but at least the updates are small.

however .... the SG Mod seems to be having a revival .... I really like the SG Mod and it should be pretty awesome when the DFX version is released.

The IC and ICE Mods are losing interest .... as all support has been removed for them.

TheRev
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2010 - 10:39 AM

Well, it can't be the version of the games because I can't even get into a simple Typhoon Rising server running the bare-bones game. Any insight into why? If there is a Nova update, then where might I go to get it or find out about it?

Fox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2010 - 01:25 PM

Brigadier General
you should be able to update thru the game itself. could you have a firewall blocking?

Integrity is everything..to thine ownself be true

TheRev
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 06, 2010 - 03:22 PM

No, my firewall is not up. I run off a router, so no need. I'll try updating through the game. Then I'll update the mods I'm running and see if that works. Man, I miss playing online with you guys! Can't wait to get this thing workin' again.

Cally
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 06, 2010 - 05:29 PM

General
I just re-installed JO and had a problem with the JOTR ingame updater .... I used the update from our downloads which seemed to solve the ingame updater problem.

The JO update is here : http://raptor-pack.net/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=getit&lid=25

However ... if you have JOE installed ..... then this update isnt required .. as you must have it to install JOE ....

Jump to: