· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
Steve2000
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2009 - 11:24 AM

Staff Sergeant
And a whole new group of players who seem fairly nice so I have been playing there alot.

One quirk is that there is no real scope for the M82, where under SO mod it can scope in / out to a number of settings there is just the one in DFX 2 and the same limiting function on the AT$ rockets (only one).

But overall not bad - few coop maps and seems more servers running TDM, TKOTH so I like that.

To Thine Ownself Be True

Reply with quote Back to top
Mr.Death
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2009 - 10:34 PM

Sergeant
I have the game and like it. I put up a server last weekend and had a good turnout ( no rp'ers Sad ) It had zero lag and was fun. The stock maps are very easy so I do hope mappers can get on it soon and make some hard ones. I also hope more RP members buy it so we can all play together as before.

You're at death's door

Thoran
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2009 - 03:37 PM

Purchased the game and have played 2 single player missions.
Look and feel of game play is like a meld of DFX & JO, but looks more like DFX we all know. The JO parts are more below the surface, like the Bad Guy AI system, ect...
The sound affects are better, more environmental sound inputs( sounds of gun fire & bullet impacts)
Visually better also.
Armory works now. Walk up to it and press a key to access loadout menu to change weapons or just to reload ammo.
No meds anymore. You self regenerate when staying stationary. The more hurt you are, your screen will get blurry. If you get hurt, duck for cover and rest.
Run-N-Gun will be harder. As you are wounded, it will be harder for you to see your targets.
Haven't played it enough yet to get a good feel for it yet.

It does have a mission editor, which at a quick glance, looks like the MED DFX map makers are used to using.
There alot of new "Spawn" vehicles.
When I have time, I will explore the editor more indepth to see what new toys map makers will have to play with.

Overall, I think this a nice addition to the DFX line.

Ravage
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 - 06:38 AM

1st Lieutenant
From what I have seen of the Editor, (made two TKOTH maps) it functions exactly as the original DFX (no mods) did. Personally I can't wait for a mod simply for this reason. Don't get me wrong, now...the editor is usable, but the one that came with the SO MOD was so much more user friendly. It worked very similarly to the Land Warrior/TFD Map Editor, which is what I got my start on. I won't be waiting on a MOD to make maps, but I will be wishing fervently for that happy day to arrive.

You can fight to your last breath. I'll fight 'til theirs.

Jump to: