· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
Phoenix
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2014 - 04:38 PM

Staff Sergeant
zenith are you on pc or xbox 360 I can't get your tag to come up

"Remember the dead but fight for the living" hellgate london

Reply with quote Back to top
Zenith
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2014 - 05:40 PM

1st Lieutenant
I'm on PC Phoenix

Phoenix
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 11, 2014 - 07:30 PM

Staff Sergeant
can't seam to find your contact what server are you on

RoadRage
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 20, 2014 - 08:58 PM

1st Lieutenant
I couldn't find it either, Zenith

RR

Kill or Be Killed

Zenith
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2014 - 01:44 AM

1st Lieutenant
I play on EU1 or EU2, I think that's the problem. If I want to play American servers I have to make a new account and download a different client. That also means I have to start from scratch Confused

Phoenix
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 11, 2015 - 07:57 AM

Staff Sergeant
Holy Stormbird I saw ya online the other day on world of tanks and got curious started to compare tanks. U HAVE TIER X TANKS WTF. How did u get those? I want one my max level is tier VII with one tier VIII premium. I would have joined ya but I have been helping a buddy of mine level up he has only tier IV to V. So have been running dailies to get him xp. Though I did see one thing different between you and me. You may have higher tier tanks but I have more tanks as most nations in my garage are around tier IV to V with all American at Tier VII and the Japan at tier II to III haven't had much time with those yet but I do have over 20 garage slots.

oh and side note neither me or my buddy is in a clan we would be honored sir and one of these times I will have to join up with u for a match or two. I don't have premium account unless I get it free so I think u can only platoon with two unless you have premium then u can have three.

correction I think they have changed the last part to now you can have 2 friends platoon without having premium account might have to try and see let me know next time you are online oh and me and my buddy usually run Skype at the same time for communication in game.

Last edited by Phoenix on Mar 17, 2015 - 11:54 AM; edited 1 time in total

Stormbird
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2015 - 01:14 PM

Major General
Hey Phoenix!
Its been a few weeks since I’ve actually played in WoT. But you are correct I do have one Tier X tank. Most of my cadre of tanks are Tier IV-to-Tier VIII. And most of my tanks are premium tanks now. I also have a gold membership which helps with XP. As I have around 50 tanks at the moment and most are premium tanks, I simply play one after another until I have a victory and move to the next one. My first victory in a premium tank gives me at least 1.5 times bonus and then I go to another tank. After going through all of my premium tanks, I cash in on the research, usually giving me between 50,000 and 100,000 in research points. This makes acquiring tanks quicker and easier.
As to Tier X tanks… I wouldn’t be too quick to get one. The Tier X’s are bruisers but you really don’t get much points unless you win consistently. If you lose in a Tier X tank, you’ll most likely wind up losing points instead of gaining them. Gold rounds are pretty much essential in a Tier X fight as, all of your enemies will be using them in all likelihood. And, Gold rounds in a Tier X cannon runs into real money very quickly.
Your “best bang for the buck” are probably the Tier V tanks. They’re fun, fast, have cannons that can actually hurt something and give you a decent return for your money if you win.
I like playing even lower Tiers (I, II & III) in my “Seal Clubber” (T18 w/ 75mm Howitzer). It can put the fear of God in most tanks of those Tiers. You may kill me in the end, but Lord!... I’m gonna make you suffer! Thus far my best battle in the T18 wrought 9 kills. The other 6 enemies got killed by someone else trying to get away from me.
I am retiring in about two weeks and should have more time to play then. I’ll look you up and we’ll twist some metal on the game. I have Skype but have never really used it. Guess I’ll dust it off and get with you.

Take Care,
Stormbird

Those that have never known fear, have never known ME.

Phoenix
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2015 - 11:54 AM

Staff Sergeant
Holy crap man how much money do u spend on this game? I'm doing the math in my head here and gezz u must put some serious bucks into it. But I do know what you mean my best tanks so far where tier IV to VI. My personal fav's are kv-1, m10, m5, t1 heavy, t28, and my m3 lee. The m18 was a zippy little td I had a little fun with too. I don't think I would use tier X much I just want to unlock all tanks in the game then go back and pick my best ones to play. I have about 30 garage slots so I am really behind you. I play a tank tell get elite status then sell it and start the next one in line until get all unlock of course. Oh well good luck and have fun maybe someday soon we can blow up some metal hay maybe we can start a division in Raptor Pack lol wish full thinking I guess.

Stormbird
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2015 - 11:54 AM

Major General
Hi Phoenix!

I've never really thought about how much I spend on the game.... the only game I play online anymore is WoT. I used to put a butt-load of money into Golf games, but kind of got away from playing them. So, I guess all of my gaming expenditures now go into WoT. I spent around $100 for a year premium membership in October and about $200 on gold & silver coins at around Christmas. It keeps me "fluid" on purchasing and updating my tanks. The winter here was kind of hard on my area so, I just sat around on my free time and killed tanks.
I don't believe I'll ever purchase all of them. But, I enjoy playing the game. My newest tank is a Sherman "Firefly" (on the British tiers). It comes with a decent cannon when you get it. The 17 pdr cannon is awesome for its tier. But if you upgrade to the 17 pdr, expect to be thrown into games with heavier hitters on the other end of the field. I got into a battle with a Stug and a M-6 and played cat-and-mouse around a building for half a game. I ended up killing them, but it took a toll on me and I ended up being killed near the end of the game. Stiil, the Firefly is a pretty cool tank and becoming one of my favorites.
I commonly don't play with gold rounds. Just a personal thing for me. I consider them to be "cheating" but, to each their own. I've got several friends in the game that use them regularly and that's fine. I just stay with the normal issued rounds. That way if I win I fell I honestly earned the accolades. But if you use gold rounds... good hunting!! It's your money and your game, go for it!!
I'd write a manual on WoT, but they've already got one online. Plus, there is a "WoT Assistant" app for iPhone and android which is pretty cool. I enjoyed writing the manual for DFX long ago, but I don't think I could contribute more information on WoT than what is already out there.
I have a platoon formed called [AFC] (Armored Fossil Corps). There is only two of us (My life-long, Fire Team buddy, Craig (baddog1959) and myself). He usually runs a SU100Y with scary stats. His crew is superbly trained and, he's got about 10,000 battles so far. I think he has about five tanks, but he is an expert in all of them.
Right now, I'm a jack of all trades but a master of none. I'll eventually narrow my field of tanks to what I like, but I'm still having fun playing anything and everything. If you want to play with our tag (AFC) and be happy to bring you into our little world. Just hit me with a post and we'll go from there.

Stormbird

Those that have never known fear, have never known ME.

Jump to: