· Match Results
· NovaWorld
· RP: Admin
· RP: CD
· RP: Rules
· RP: SetUp Guides

Login

New User? Sign Up!
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months of non usage.

View previous topic Printable version View next topic
Stormbird
Post subject: A Moment of Silence and Reflection Please... Present Arms.  PostPosted: Jan 02, 2012 - 02:18 PM

Major General
Hi All,

2011 was a tough year for LE in the United States. 173 officers were killed in line-of-duty incidents. that's a 13% rise over 2010 and the highest count in 21 years. The U.S. lost 343 soldeirs in Iraq during 2011 as a comparison.

Its now 2012, and 5 officers have already been killed in the line-of-duty around the country. All of them in separate States and scenarios. At this rate, we are looking at a significantly higher number in the coming year.

Now maybe you like cops, maybe you don't, that's your opinion and I'll defend your right to have it either way. Cops are neither a complete saint or a pernicious sinner. Mostly, they're just people that go out and, in their own way, try to make the world a little better. They have spouses and kids, taxes and utility bills like everybody else. But... sometimes... they go to work... and they don't come home. And its becoming more of a trend every day the past few years.

Here's to Ranger Margaret Anderson of Washington State. She was on a roadway checkpoint near Mt. Ranier with another ranger when a mentally imbalanced man, supposedly suffering from PTSD, approached them. He went into "full combat mode"; stopping, drawing a SKS or AK-style weapon from his vehicle and engaging them with the advantage of distance. Upon the firefight starting Ranger Anderson was pinned in her vehicle by this gunfire and fatally wounded. Responders could not reach her for nearly 90 minutes as the gunman continued to engage anything that moved near her cruiser. In short they watched her die as they couldn't get to her.
Ranger Anderson is survived by her husband, who is also a Ranger at Mt. Ranier and three children.

She is the latest story but there are four more before her since 2012 started that are just as sad. And... there will assuredly be more as the year progresses.

I'm just asking for a favor. Say a little prayer for these men and women. At almost any moment they can find themselves in a scenario most of us dread to think of. Taking someone's life or having theirs taken trying to defend and protect someone else. And they're not doing it on a battlefield far away. They're doing it along a side street in your hometown or backroad that you may have just driven down.

Please, a moment of silent reflection, a little prayer for those going onto their shifts and a salute to those that won't be going home at the end of shift.

Respectfully,

Stormbird

Those that have never known fear, have never known ME.

Reply with quote Back to top
SLAG
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2012 - 05:30 PM

MY hat's OFF . . .

And I say: SALUTE!

May an angel reside over their shoulders when on duty . . .

SLAG

CheeseBall
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 - 01:43 PM

Sergeant Major
That's just unreal.

Pray Pray Pray

Blues Cheese

Cook, or be cooked. Have a nice day. Smile

Shriner
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 08:50 PM

http://www.odmp.org/

This website will absolutely blow you away when you see what happens to the LEO's all over the country.

Corsair9
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 24, 2012 - 08:38 PM

Lieutenant General
Thank you, Ernie, for that call to attention.

Law Enforcement Officers the country over are deserving of our respect and admiration. They deserve our grief at their loss and outrage at the cause when they are cut down in the line of duty. They also deserve our prayers for their safety and ability to successfully carry out their duties every day... especially since a large part of that duty is to protect us, the average citizen.

We should be grateful to each and every one of them... they know the risk they take every time they report for duty... yet they do it anyway. We should keep in mind that they don't really have to, but choose to. That takes more courage than most people can muster.

These men and women will always have my respect, my prayers and my gratitude. Thank you, each and every one, and God Bless.

"Forgiveness is between you and God, I simply arrange the meeting."

Jump to: