Barracks - Asian Bean and Rice Rolls, hummmm!
CheeseBall - Jan 05, 2008 - 11:04 AM
Post subject: Asian Bean and Rice Rolls, hummmm!
Prep: 15 min, Cook: 10 min.
* 1 cup medium grain rice, such as sushi rice or jasmine rice
* 2 Tbs. rice vinegar, or white distilled vinegar
* 1 Tbs. dry cooking sherry
* 2 tsp. sugar
* 1 Tbs. lemon zest
* 3 Tbs. pine nuts or slivered almonds
* 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
* 1/2 cup snow peas, diagonally sliced
* 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
* 1 Tbs. water
* 1 lb. canned red beans, or light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped and seeded
* 1 orange, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
* 2 green onions, and tops, thinly sliced
* 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste
* 1/8 tsp. white pepper
* 12 Boston lettuce leaves, or other leaf lettuce
Cook rice according to package directions. Heat vinegar, sherry, sugar, and lemon rind in small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is melted, about 1 minute. Drizzle vinegar mixture over rice and toss.
While rice is cooking, cook pine nuts in sesame oil in small skillet over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes; remove from skillet. Add snow peas, ginger, and water to skillet; cook, covered, over medium heat until snow peas are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir pine nuts, snow peas, ginger, beans, cucumber, orange, and green onions into rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled; spoon an equal portion of packed rice mixture onto each lettuce leaf and roll up.
Courtesy: American Dry Bean Board
Per serving: calories 390, fat 6.4g, 15% calories from fat, cholesterol 0mg, protein 12.9g, carbohydrates 71.0g, fiber 7.9g, sugar 13.1g, sodium 145mg, diet points 7.2.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 1.2, Fruit: 0.3, Bread: 3.2, Lean meat: 0.0, Fat: 1.1, Sugar: 0.1, Very lean meat protein: 1.3Per serving:
All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits