Barracks - This is my favorite............
CheeseBall - Dec 20, 2007 - 09:54 PM
Post subject: This is my favorite............
serves 4, this is to make a full meal, hey, surprise the wife or significant
other or just invite a friend, you know, like me. hahahaha
Italian Baked Halibut
Prep: 10 min, Cook: 25 min.
* nonstick cooking spray
* 1 lb. halibut fillets or steaks
* 1 lemon, zest grated, juiced
* 4 yellow crookneck squash, shredded
* 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
* 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1/2 tsp. dried basil or oregano, crushed
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 2 tsp. olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange fish in a single layer. Pour juice over fish and sprinkle with zest. Combine next 7 ingredients in a bowl and spread over fish. Drizzle with oil. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes, or until fish is flaky and cooked throughout.
Per serving: calories 203, fat 5.5g, 23% calories from fat, cholesterol 36mg, protein 27.1g, carbohydrates 13.3g, fiber 4.4g, sugar 6.8g, sodium 113mg, diet points 4.1.
The recommended wines are: White Zinfandel, Chianti, or Sauvignon Blanc.
Parmesan Garlic Loaf
Prep: 5 min, Cook: 5 min.
* 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. unsalted butter
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise, each piece cut crosswise in half
* 2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
Turn on broiler. Combine butter and garlic in a small bowl. Spread over cut side of bread. Arrange bread buttered side up on a baking sheet. Sprinkle bread with Parmesan and broil 1-2 minutes, or until top is golden.
Per serving: calories 201, fat 6.2g, 28% calories from fat, cholesterol 12mg, protein 6.1g, carbohydrates 29.9g, fiber 1.7g, sugar 0.8g, sodium 389mg, diet points 4.7.
Honeyed Fruit Salad with Strawberries
Prep: 10 min, Marinate: 15 min.
* 1 cup pineapple chunks
* 2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut in half
* 2 bananas, cut into 1 inch slices
* 2 oranges, peeled, white pith cut away and thinly sliced
* 1 cup red seedless grapes
* 1/2 cup plain yogurt
* 2 Tbs. honey
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Let stand 15-20 minutes before serving.
Per serving: calories 233, fat 2.2g, 8% calories from fat, cholesterol 4mg, protein 3.6g, carbohydrates 55.7g, fiber 6.3g, sugar 46.7g, sodium 17mg, diet points 4.1.
I know here we go with the strawberries, but try it,you'll like it.
All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits